Best time to visit Konkan
The best time to visit Konkan is from November to February. The temperature is mild and the humidity is less during this time. The place has no or less humidity and the rainfall is also not as much to hamper the Kokan paryatan.
Best places to visit in Konkan
There are countless popular tourist attractions in Konkan that make it a great place for travelers and one can have fun while on a trip to Konkan, People visit here for spending their holidays in the amazing Kokan darshan spots with their family and friends. The place gives great opportunities to have amazing fun while doing the Kokan paryatan at the superb places.
The places to visit in Konkan are:
- Alibag: Being a popular weekend getaway, Alibag is the perfect place to escape from the maddening crowd of Mumbai. Local Mumbai crowd visits Alibag beach via ferries which leave from the Mumbai, Gateway of India at every 45 minutes in the day. It takes around 1 hour and thirty minutes to reach Alibag from Mumbai.
- Kashid: Located at a distance of 40 KM from Alibag, Kashid is not a very crowded, yet beautiful beach that is a great tourist destination. There are dome resorts to spend your holidays in Kashid beach with easiness and luxury. You can also enjoy some times in water sports in Kashid.
- Murud Janjira: Murud Janjira is a holiday spot which is well known for a fort which is located in the middle of the sea. It is a great place for people who want to do a ferry ride from the beach side to the fort and back which gives a great experience.
- Diveagar: Diveagar is a beautiful place which is famous for the Ganesh temple & Seagulls on the Konkan coast on the Mumbai - Goa highway. If you are taking a road trip, you will enjoy the trip to the fullest; also there is an option of taking a ferry from Rajapuri, it is a half an hour ferry ride which is a common transportation mode among travelers s well as locals.
- Harihareshwar: Harihareshwar is a tiny village on the way to Konkan and there is a temple of Lord Shiva on the way which is called the Hrihareshwar temple. The architecture of the temple is a blend of Indian as well as Maratha styles.
- Srivardhan: Located at a distance of 25 KM from Devinagar, Srivardhan is a small yet attractive village on the Konkan route that offers great scenic vistas of the superb view on the Arabian Sea and mountains. The beaches of this place are better and cleaner than the ones which are located in Alibaug, Kashid or even Murud beaches.
- Dapoli: Dapoli is a nice place, to explore in the Konkan region and you can have a nice holiday here.
- Ganapatipule: If you want to have a great beach holiday experience, you must visit Ganapatipule. There is a beautiful temple of lord Ganesha in the place.
- Ratnagiri: Famous for its great quality of mangoes, it is a great place to have a holiday.
- Malvan: It is a small yet beautiful place to make a visit in the Konkan region with a group of friends or family.
- Sindhudurg: This is a small place famous for its beauty in Konkan, there are many opportunities of exploring the natural beauty.
- Guhaghar: Guhagar is a great place for holiday in the Konkan region. In this place you can enjoy a holiday relaxing in beaches. Konkan trip is incomplete without making a visit to this offbeat yet beautiful place in Konkan region.
- Karne beach and Amboli, Tarkarli, Sawantwadi, Marleshwar: are other beautiful places that you must go during the Konkan trip.
How to reach Konkan?
You can enjoy your Kokan darshan with friends or family. The place is accessible via all three modes of transportation. You can take a flight, train or road to reach Konkan.
The nearest airport to Konkan region is located at Dabolim which is a very famous beach in Goa, it is around 186 Km away from Konkan. One can also enjoy Kokan darshan from Mumbai by taking a flight to Mumbai which is 492 Km away from Konkan.
The closest railway station to Konkan is located at a distance of 49 Km at Kankavali, another railway station which is located in Nandgaon is at a distance of 42 Km from Konkan.
Konkan is well connected through roads and there are bus and taxi services from major destinations around the place. You can also drive your car from Mumbai or Pune in order to reach Konkan. Kokan darshan from Pune is easily accessible from taxi or self driven car.